Ocellaris stationed near surface

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
2 days ago, (on Friday) I bought 2 clown fish. A regular one and a black ocellaris. In the tank at the lfs he ( the black ocellaris) was swimming all around the tank. Once I got home I floated their bags for 20 minutes and dripped water (2-4 drops per second) into a bucket they they were in. Once I netted them Into my tank they both immediately found a hiding spot in my live rock. They hid or about 15 minute then started to swim around and explore. Throughout the day they were swimming around the whole tank and seemed happy, but as I watched closer the black ocellaris was breathing faster than the other ocellaris and my dartfish. Yesterday morning the black ocellaris was hanging around near the surface of the tank. Not swimming a whole lot but he was moving his fins like regular. He didn't eat anything last night when I fed them and this morning he is still at the top at about the same angle of this slash \ nose up. He is swill moving his fins like normal but I'm kind of worried. My other 3 fish are completely fine and are swimming around the tank. What could be wrong with my black ocellaris?

Params, as of Friday night,

Ph: 8.1
SG: 1.023
Ammo: 0 ppm
Nitrites: 0 ppm
Nitrates: 0 ppm

I'm going to test them again today after lunch.

Back
Top Bottom