Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Oh no! Both of my fish died last night. Please help.

Have a 28 gallon nano cube. I have had a tailspot blenny since August. I just introduced a 6 line wrasse yesterday. I checked all the levels in the tank and everything is top notch. The specific gravity was reading 1.025. I introduced the wrasse yesterday afternoon around 4 in the afternoon. I kept a close eye on the pairs interactions to make sure everyone was playing nicely. They seemed to be getting along fine even through feeding time. Everything looked great until about 7:30 pm I noticed the blenny breathing rather hard. Since I had just checked all the levels, I didn't think too much of it. The lights went out in the tank and when I got up this morning both fish were belly up. My hermit crabs and snails seem to be doing fine. What could this be?

Old 01-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #2

I also added a 750 gph circulation pump to help the coral. My peppermint shrimp is alive and happy too it seems. Please help!

Old 01-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

how did you acclimate them...In cases like this ,its usually a bad acclimation process and the fish just go into shock..
FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #4

I have had the blenny since August so there is no acclimation there. The wrasse was put in the tank in the bag from the LFS for 30 min. Then dumped out a cup of LFS water and added a cup of my water. Back in the tank for 15 min. Added another cup of my water and back in the tank for 15 min. Then fished out of the bag and put in the tank. And like I said I have had the blenny since august without any problems whatsoever. If it was shock, only the wrasse would be dead. Both are gone.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah sorry ,i misread it the first time..Its possible the new pump you installed stirred something up..even if it was just a slight spike
FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hmmmm, sounds fishy, those fish shouldn't have problems like that, if all your levels are fine it shouldn't be a water problem, maybe it could be something with the power head .?
Old 01-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

This is a long shot but how about stray voltage? I am thinking the fish got to close to what ever is throwing it off and it caused the problems. First thing to check is the heater since that won't be on all the time. Then check your pumps and lights.

Tags
die, died, night

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com