Oh NO! I think 2 fish may have ich!!! freaking out...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtneyclv

Aquarium Advice Activist
I think that my royal gramma and butterfly fish may have ich. It is very hard to see but when my fish go to the glass I see tiny bright white dots..like itsy bitsy bubbles. They seem to be fine though.

I have LR, a clown, new trigger, firefish,snails, brittle starfish.

What should I do? I don't have a QT either.

I checked the water NO3,NO2, ammon. PH..perfect.

If they do have ich, you'll need to get a QT tank, one big enough to QT all of your fish and treat as necessary. It is possible to do hypo salinity in your main tank, if you don't have inverts in there, but it will require a refractometer if you haven't got one already. There is an article on ich treatments in the articles section you might want to check out.

Ok, weird...

Royal Gramma doesnt have the white spots of grain on her anymore. Maybe it was a bubble or she was dirty?

hmmm

Royal Gramma doesnt have the white spots of grain on her anymore. Maybe it was a bubble or she was dirty?
Ich will host the fish, drop off and reproduce and very quickly. I have had bubbles and sand on my fish before. I have never seen ich, up close and personal, but I think if you saw multiple spots, that looked like salt, you might want to think about a QT. (Although it is recommended to have one anyway.)

I agree with what roka64 said. In the article, it gives a breakdown on the life cycle to help you better understand it. It is possible for the fish to have ich and then for it to disappear for a time but come back three fold. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom