One Dead ... One Pending ... Help Me Obi Won

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanangMonkey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have a New 75 Gal FOWLR Ready to go with Remora Pro Skimmer, Power Filter, 90 lbs of live rock, and CUC, tank is cycled and water 0/0/0

I heeded advice an set up a QT with 10Gal, HOB filter, Small circ pump. and wand air stone with pump. I am meticulous with water conditions, 50% water changes every 4 days and water tested (NH3,NO2,NO3, Ph,Sg) daily.
Uneaten food and debris removed daily with turkey baster.

Introduced two small false Perc's on Jan2 purchased from a Big Box LFS. The first four day One Perc was thriving , the other lethargic. I brought the lethargic one back to the store (they argued but finally agreed) and traded him for a same size perc that seemed ok. Followed drip procedures to introduce him to tank, and the other perc welcomed him (no bullying, etc)

This fish (while better than the first returned one) also acted a bit lethargic. I NEVER saw him eat, but after ten days I suspected he ate after I left the room. I tried some frozen brine shrimp, he still wouldn't touch it. Yesterday he started hanging at the top of the tank, then last night was at the bottom and VERY lethargic... This morning DEAD...

My Question: The OTHER Perc is still healthy, full of life, and a voracious eater. Do I just keep him in the same QT tank?? DO I need to medicate just in case? DO I start the Quarantine clock OVER? They were together for 11 days.

I don't want to lose the good one so any help would be appreciated. By the way, the big box LFS is crossed off the list permanently for any purchases now.

Back
Top Bottom