one fish left

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
i am losing my patients with salt water.after my nitrites went to 0.5 and i lost six fish i don't no what to do.my clowns were getting dark almost black and werent hanging out in there usual spot,there eyes were getting cloudy and one had a white piece of something hanging out of his mouth.i put a bag of charcoal in the filter and stuff for a new tank.its been cycling over two months and had bio filters that were in there over a year.i had a sea apple that killed all my fish wxcept two clowns and a goby.i cleaned the tank but do you think i should of bought new filters?i just tested water again and everything is perfect.nitrites of 0.5 is'nt enough to kill my fish is it.

It seems like from the little research I have done that even if the fish survived the death of the sea apple they may never fully recover. Are you running your skimmer wet enough to pull out anything that might be left over from its death? When you say bio filters do you mean bio wheels some of the hob filters use if so those should have probably been changed as well.

i meant bio wheels.maybe i should buy some new ones

I know I would replace as much disposable things in a tank I could if it was nuked including anything to do with the filter like pads, wheels, charcoal, and chemi pure.

Back
Top Bottom