Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-13-2005, 10:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

One of my mushrooms shriveled up?

I don't think I over watered it but one of my mushrooms shriveled up. What's up with that?

Old 03-13-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Mine did, too, and I discovered (by pure luck) a rather bristly bristleworm in the same hole as the mushroom. I got the worm out (or, at least half of it) and now the shroom seems to be coming back a bit ... slowly. Could something be irritating yours?

Livestock I added:

1 skunk cleaner. 12 hermits: red, scarlet, blue. 15 or so assorted snails. Discosomas, Ricordia, Rhodactis mushroom corals, chaetomorpha (sump), 1 feather duster, Montipora digitata, Montipora capricornis, Montipora hispids. assorted zoos, Xenia, Kenya tree coral, green Sinularia, green star polyps, branching hammer coral, bubble coral, Devil's hand leather. Yellow chromis, purple firefish.

Hitchhikers: the usual suspects :crabs, bristles, urchin, mantis shrimp (now in exile in mantis tank)

List of possible/likely newcomers:

Feather duster. PJ cardinal, Bangghai cardinal, Firefish goby, Clownfish, Neon goby, Yellow watchman goby, Orchid dottyback. Various corals.
midiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:09 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Don't think so. My tank has been essentially empty save for the cleaning crew for 8 weeks. There's a small shroom collection on a rock I bought from an excellent reef store. They were vigorously healthly until this one went off today. The rock has six others that look fine.
runway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 01:10 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Have you checked your water parameters including Ca & Alk? My big frilly shroom shriveled a little on one side and then split. Now there are three! Sometimes one of my corals will have an off day and rebound the next. How does it look today?

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:12 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Now that you mention it, Phyl, it looks much better. I scooted his rock under a larger one. I think maybe the MH were a bit too much light for him.
runway1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, mushrooms, shrooms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com