One of my mushrooms shriveled up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runway1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I don't think I over watered it :D but one of my mushrooms shriveled up. What's up with that?

Mine did, too, and I discovered (by pure luck) a rather bristly bristleworm in the same hole as the mushroom. I got the worm out (or, at least half of it) and now the shroom seems to be coming back a bit ... slowly. Could something be irritating yours?

Don't think so. My tank has been essentially empty save for the cleaning crew for 8 weeks. There's a small shroom collection on a rock I bought from an excellent reef store. They were vigorously healthly until this one went off today. The rock has six others that look fine.

Have you checked your water parameters including Ca & Alk? My big frilly shroom shriveled a little on one side and then split. Now there are three! Sometimes one of my corals will have an off day and rebound the next. How does it look today?

Now that you mention it, Phyl, it looks much better. I scooted his rock under a larger one. I think maybe the MH were a bit too much light for him.

Back
Top Bottom