One Spot Foxface help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had my foxface for only about 9 or 10 days. And he still has a brown tint on the top half of his body where he should be solid yellow. Now I know that this is a sign that he could be stressed but I can't figure out from what and I want to make sure it's nothing serious. My tank prams are all in order, the tank is 115g, and eats algae sheets like a champ and also flake food and brine shrimp. (Oh and there is no signs of any aggression from him or any other tankmates towards him.) I am wondering if he is that color because he wants to be or I am doing something wrong.

I noticed the foxface flares its fins when my little blue damsel swims by. Maybe he doesn't like damsels

Foxfaces change to that colour normally when they are startled. Mine always does it at night to try and disappear into hiding spot, and he will also flare his fins at any tank mate that try to take the seaweed strips before him. His way off telling the other fish to back off, and they do knowing his spines are venomous. Foxes are generally peaceful fish and do these things as a self defence against predators.

the damsel may be bothering him at night. I know my foxface lays in between rock completely still so if hes not getting rest because of the damsel the that could be it. Mine stays yellow unless the lights have just come on so I would say something is off somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom