Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Unhappy One spot foxface Rabbitfish

I have a new SW tank FOWLS. It is 90 gal and has cycled well. I am starting small and presently only have one fish in it, the foxface. All readings are good, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 20, and ph 8.0. I do not have a dKH kit b/c I was told the sw was buffered enough to care for it. He is happy, feeding well, actually a pig! I have had him for 3 weeks.

He is displaying some strange coloring outside what I was told was normal. At times he turns white and more often than not, he has a large black stripe on his back instead of the black dot he had when I got him. At times he fights with his reflection on the back and corner of the tank but it seems minor.

Is he displaying a health condition I need to address or is it in his nature to do this? Please help, I lost my sleeper goby this morning and do not wish to lose him as well. I believe the sleeper goby died as result of my last water change, whether it be trauma or ingesting something he ought not that was stirred up during vaccuming. The foxface has done this since i brought him home, but in different degrees.

Please help.
Newbie SW

Newbysaltwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Unless your PWC water was way off of what you had in the tank I doubt it was the PWC. I do know that rabbitfish do change colors when stressed or upset. I`ve seen some faded and the next day be full of color.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Moody foxface

Thanks, he seems to be very moody, hopefully that is all it is. I have a black background and he continues to see his reflection. I will try replacing the background with something else.
Newbysaltwater is offline   Reply With Quote

disease, foxface, saltwater, spot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com