Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
It does not look at all like Ich. Seems much too large. I'm leaning towards Lympho.
I hope that is what it is - I will let you know for sure in a couple weeks. I have read many of your posts and links to ICH, so when I noticed your reply to this thread - I figured you were going to tell me it was ICH. Thanks for your opinion. This is the first I have heard of Lymphocystis - from what I have read I think I will take it over ICH!

Old 03-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
I use the same salt lol, but at 1.024 it's only 1200 if the tanks already low not going to do much. You could get away with only add some mag to the WC to get it to 1350.
Yes I dose, reef keeper controller does it all light timer moon lights cycle, temp controller ATO And a Multi timer for the dosing Alk at 73 mil daily cal 78 mil. all SPS trying
Btw if the 75 is your first tank nice job I like it
This is my third tank and the last.
I did the same but only 5gal a week lol and ro from the LFS. Took a water sample and was sold buffer and cal riser. My tank turned very cloudy. So 4 yrs latter I got a big tank the fish are getting huge foxy 7in. Oh and they like there algae sheets, even the formula 2 pellets with garlic. Keep him fat a happy till he gets over it. He the first fish I got, I had algae
Glad to help
Off topic but how do you like your reef keeper? Looking into this for my next purchase. Last month I got a Tunze Osmolator and wish I would have go it from the start. Now looking at the Elite Plus or the Apex but just started looking into the different units. Any suggestions?
You should charge admission and post more pics of your tank -That is one awesome tank!

Old 03-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy55Post View Post
I hope that is what it is - I will let you know for sure in a couple weeks. I have read many of your posts and links to ICH, so when I noticed your reply to this thread - I figured you were going to tell me it was ICH. Thanks for your opinion. This is the first I have heard of Lymphocystis - from what I have read I think I will take it over ICH!
I have never dealt with Lympho, but this sort of thing is interesting to me, so I do a lot of reading. I respond to a lot of Ich threads, but this just looks way too big to be that. At least this is mot a "I have a Hippo Tang in a 55g tank" scenario.

Keep us updated and good luck!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy55Post View Post
Off topic but how do you like your reef keeper? Looking into this for my next purchase. Last month I got a Tunze Osmolator and wish I would have go it from the start. Now looking at the Elite Plus or the Apex but just started looking into the different units. Any suggestions?
You should charge admission and post more pics of your tank -That is one awesome tank!
Thanks for liking my tank, I saved 2 long years. It's be up for 7 month. I'm going slow. Almost got the lights paid off
Reekkeeper I never really compared it with any other controller. I got the first one about 5 years ago the small one, then they came out with the others. I herd on all the blogs don't go cheap you'll regret. So
I got the elite without the net for christmas. I said please please. LOL I've added float switch for the ATO, moon light, it follows the cycle of the moon. Another pug. And then I I got the net, I don't use the net at all right now. Who needs an email at work that something wrong. I like can just get up and go.
Next group buy I'm getting the double float to replace the one in my sump, In case one sticks. And use the one in the skimmer, it bubbled over the other day.

Tags
foxface, spot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com