Open Brain Dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blasterx

Aquarium Advice Activist
Take a look at this guy. I've had it for almost a year now but today I noticed it looked like this. I've seen its mouth open and watched it feed many times, but never anything like this!

Attachments

• DSC_8798.jpg
    DSC_8798.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 80
It looks receeded but it`s not dead. The fleshy part is still firm. You dont have anything picking on it do you? What are your water test results like?

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Phosphate: 0
Calcium: 400

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Phosphate: 0
Calcium: 400

You may want to check your light outputs? I also have some corals going into decline once a while but I cannot find the reasons why! I have two toadstools and they are about 6 inches apart. One is thriving and the other is struggling to survive. DP

These lamps are about 8 months old, I don't have any way to test them that I know of. I guess I could replace it

I'll order a new set this afternoon. Advertised they were said to last for 12 months but better to place it safe I guess!

They probably would last 12 months if you were only using them 6 hours a day but the more you use them the less they last.

I replace mine every 6 months, and am always amazed at how much brighter the new ones are.

With that said though, I don't really think 8 month old lights are the problem. What's your alkalinity and pH?

Back
Top Bottom