Orange shoulder tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterNuB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had my orange shoulder for about 2 months now. Everything looked good up until about 1 week ago. I noticed him losing weight. Tonight I noticed his teeth are showing a lot more than normal, almost like his jaw is locked open. He's not eating. I'm trying to get a good photo but he's camera shy. All other fish in my tank look and are acting fine. I have a 135g reef. All perametera are good. Thoughts... I feed mysis, brine, and a seafood delight mixed every other day. On other days I put seaweed on clip and feed flake foods. I recently started feeding corals phyto feast, but only 2x a week. Hope someone can answer my question. Thx

Got a pic.
img_2660171_0_be6480a1067f2de13a221b86d3bfbd44.jpg
[/IMG]

how often do you feed and what do you feed? How long have you had it? Is it CB or Wild Caught? Heavy breathing or just open mouth? Water Parameters (most recent)

He definitely is too skinny. Try to get him to eat some dried seaweed or some flake food with vegetable matter in it. He needs something with some vitamin C in it.

He passed, ugh. Nitrate 0- phosphates 0- nitrite 0- ph 8.4, calcium 500 and kh10. Salinity is 1.025

how often do you feed and what do you feed? How long have you had it? Is it CB or Wild Caught? Heavy breathing or just open mouth? Water Parameters (most recent)
Tangs aren't ever captive bred. The closest we've come so far is to raise them in captivity from babies. :(

Tangs aren't ever captive bred. The closest we've come so far is to raise them in captivity from babies. :(
Interesting....I've seen people advertise as a CB tang before. Maybe they had a different definition of captive bred. I've seen it on a few different ads for fish online. I may have been mistaken though.

Back
Top Bottom