Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
orange spotted goby/pistol shrimp break up/missing? UPDATE

So my fish have ICH which sucks but the only good that has come out of it is the fact that we had to take the 250lbs of liverock out to catch the fish and the pistol shrimp that i thought for sure had died cuz i now hadn't seen him in a week is FOUND he is alive and there actually is another pistol shrimp i never knew i had he is sooo cool he is kinda of a yellow tan-ish color and has stripes down him like a cleaner shrimp has that are red but not as bright as a cleaner shrimp anyone know what he is? I wonder why my goby and the original pistol weren't being friendly or maybe they were and i just never saw them. do u think after 2 months when my fish get to go back in the tank the goby will find his friend again? or do u think their relationship is over?

oceandelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:31 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to DragonForce
Sounds like a randalli pistol. Also, it's not 100% that every goby and pistol will become friends. Your tank is so large there is a possibility they got lost from eachother. This definatly does not mean there isnt a chance of them being friends again.

My goby often ventures away from my pistol for a while sometimes.
37 gal all glass
50lb LR
3' fine sand bed 1x Orange Stripe Prawn shrimp goby, 1x sixline wrassemated pair of true percula clowns, 1x CBS shrimp, 2x peppermint shrimp, 1x pistol shrimp, 1x tiger tale cuke, ~20+ snails, ~10+ hermits, 1xserpent star.
green Bubble coral, hammer coral (8 heads!) ,various Zoos,green finger leather, green star polpys ,shrooms
175w 10k MH
28w actinic 03
2x maxi jett 1200
Prizm skimmer (modded)
Hagen powerfilter(for running carbon 24/7)
nano arctica chiller
DragonForce is offline   Reply With Quote

goby, missing, pistol, pistol shrimp, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com