Organi Cure questions *pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xahx

Aquarium Advice Freak
My LFS owner, suggested that i use this Organi Cure Marine Parasite treatment to treat my qt for ich,

The active Ingredients are:

Copper 1.25%,
Fomaldehyde 17% in a tri-chelated form

Has anyone used this or heard of this treatment?

I was suggested to use this over Cupramine, what are your thoughts? experiences? successes? Losses? Anything!!!!

TIA!

See the pics

Attachments

• dsc01045.jpg
    dsc01045.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 137
  • dsc01046.jpg
    dsc01046.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 145
In my personal opinion and what I would do...

I would freshwater dip the fish for three minutes (unless it's a wrasse) to get the ich to let go of the fish. Feed garlic soaked food to keep them off, and use half dose of MelaFix and half dose of Ich Attack to treat the water.

I use to rely on chemical based meds, but now I'll only use them as a last resort.

My trigger seems to have little white specs on it (possibly ich?)

What should I do if I don't have a qt?

tia

Munsterkins said:
My trigger seems to have little white specs on it (possibly ich?)

What should I do if I don't have a qt?

tia

Set up a QT, medicate the fish appropriately, and start an ich topic of your own.

DO NOT treat the display tank, as the meds will kill your inverts and other live rock inhabitants.

I have some of that and used it for brooklynella. Worked pretty good until I could get some stronger formalin. Noticed a big turn around in 2 days. But from what I am told, it does not have strong enough concentrations. All I know is that my fish responded to it.

xahx said:
ok, so its not as strong... I think im going to go with CUpramine!
(y) (y)

Either that or hyposalinity are the best choices for treating C. irritans.

Cheers
Steve

i got the same bottle, its say its safe for inverts and coral but i thought copper is bad for the tank period

casper3t said:
i thought copper is bad for the tank period
It is, there are always mitigating circumstances and exceptions but a good rule to follow is NEVER medicate the display tank. Only treat animals in a seperate QT.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom