Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-05-2004, 06:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Pacific Cleaner Shrimp with Black Spots?

I have two Cleaner Shrimp in my 30g Saltwater tank. They have been there for almost two months, both have molted at least once, and seem to be very healthy and active.

I noticed the other day that both shrimp have a few small black patches that appear on their body. They do not seem symetrical. Is there anything wrong? I have done several searches regarding this topic and all that I can seem to find is responses saying that this is not uncommon and is cosidered part of the natural markings. Any opinions? Thanks in advance.

Old 07-05-2004, 10:25 PM   #2

It could be marine black ich treat with freshwater baths and copper based meds.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:31 PM   #3
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollywolly
treat with freshwater baths and copper based meds
Do not treat with either.

Shrimp will not tolerate anything of the kind nor are they suceptible to Tubellarian worms. The black spot is not anything to be concerned about. It just "one of those things"

Cheers
Steve

Tags
black spot, black spots, clean, cleaner, cleaner shrimp, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com