Pagoda Coral Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

x1-C0DE-1x

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys,
I am new to this form. I have only been into saltwater for 6 months now. Anyhow, I picked up this pagoda coral and it has looked the same since I bought it. It looked the same in the store too but a guy I know saw it and said the polyps were open. At night the dots are black and they turn white in the day time. He said It even looks bleached.

29 gallon reef tank
T5 lighting
1.025 salinity
8.4 pH
78 degrees
0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 0 nitrate
in low-middle of tank
moderate flow
close to gongordian. duncans, and flat toadstool
problem: polyps wont extend

How many T5HO bulbs are you running over the tank? If you would like to link a picture of it through your AA account, you will have better luck of us being able to view it.
Was the coral bleached in the store? If you keep the levels in your tank stable and pristine, with the right amount of lighting it can recover depending on the current condition it is in.

I posted a pic but it said it has to be approved or something. The T5's have 2 white and 2 actinic bulbs. It looks the same as it came from the store. its a pinkish cream color.
mail

Everything is stable. The T5's have 2 white and 2 actinic and all of my other corals are growing fast. I poted the pic but it has to be approved.

Back
Top Bottom