Pagoda cup coral question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearchumjs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I got a pagoda cup right before thanksgiving. It looks like all the polyps are open. My question- when I got it and it opened, it really had the polyps extended upwards. Now they are open but not extended up. Was it reaching for the light at first but now doesn't need to?

Tank stuff: 10 gallon, 12W par 38 (4 white,6blue, 1 red, 1 green). SG 1.025 I use petco natural seawater and just did a 2.5 gallon pwc on Tuesday. Tank is cycled, I have other coral frags- trumpet, zoas, palys, grape montipora. 4 hermits, 1 emerald crab, 2 cerith and 2 nassarius snails. I have the light on from 11am-9pm.

0 ammo
0 trites
<5 trates

I have one. They were doing fine for a month+ and all of a sudden started closing up and the tissue is disappearing..I don't know if someone's picking on it or..? The water quality is fine...Maybe if you have a pic that would help. Mine are almost fully open, but a little inward. Maybe yours are just getting adjusted. Are you photo-acclimating them?

I have one. They were doing fine for a month+ and all of a sudden started closing up and the tissue is disappearing..I don't know if someone's picking on it or..? The water quality is fine...Maybe if you have a pic that would help. Mine are almost fully open, but a little inward. Maybe yours are just getting adjusted. Are you photo-acclimating them?

I had them on the sand for a little bit. Then moved them up a few inches. The guy I bought them from had them under MH. But they were at the bottom of a big ol' tank. I just uploaded a video to YouTube.

They look healthy to me. If they were at the bottom maybe your theory was right, that they were just reaching up for light. Maybe someone else can chime in for some reasoning as why they did that. I like the tank a lot:).

They look healthy to me. If they were at the bottom maybe your theory was right, that they were just reaching up for light. Maybe someone else can chime in for some reasoning as why they did that. I like the tank a lot:).

Thanks! I'll just keep an eye on it then. I fed it some pellet food last night. I guess it liked it. Lol!

They do not need to be fed. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. Is the whole lighting system 12 watts because that is not near enough lighting. Tell me a little more about the lighting system.

They do not need to be fed. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. Is the whole lighting system 12 watts because that is not near enough lighting. Tell me a little more about the lighting system.

The whole lighting system is 12 watts. I have it raised a few inches from the top of the tank. The pagoda is directly under it so it gets all the good light. The left side of the tank is more dimly lighted than the right side. I know I will have to get more light if I want sps.

Back
Top Bottom