pair of clownfish not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdub

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a pair of clownfish that will not eat. They stay in the upper corner of the tank near the heater and rarely swim away from there. I have had these two for almost two years and within in the last couple weeks this behavior started. I noticed the smaller of the two clowns had some torn fins. I previously had a Blue hippo tang in there with them and I thought maybe he was bullying them so I gave him to my LFS. They still will not eat or swim to other areas. The only other fish in there is a small Fairy Wrasse. I also have a cleaner shrimp and Fire shrimp. Below are the tank parameters.

80 gallons
ph 8.1
salinity 1.0215
nitrates 20
ammonia 0
nitrites 0

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What are you feeding? Try if they are not eating frozen mysis or frozen vitamin fortified brine shrimp . Also they say soaking food in garlic will stimulate feedings.

I've tried feeding them PE Mysis shrimp, spirulina flakes, Hikari Mysis shrimp, and SF Bay Emerald Entree. I soak the food in garlic each time. I'll give the Brine shrimp a shot. Thanks.

Just make sure it`s vitamin fortified as regular brine has no nutritional value.

Just an update on this. Both of the clowns now have very swollen gills and are breathing very rapidly. I quarantined them and have been treating them with Seachem Paraguard for the last week. I'm not seeing much improvement. The smaller clowns fins are torn and he looks like he has a couple red spots on him....possible bacterial infection? Water params are below:

80 gallons
ph 8.1
salinity 1.022
nitrates 20
ammonia 0
nitrites 0

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Some people may not agree with me but I believe in the Melafix & Pemafix. My yellow tang some some type of infection to where he lost his entire top fin and all that you could see was those white spikes that are inside their fins. Put him in a QT atleast 2 wks maybe more after that treatment was over his top fin grew back very nicely.
Then somehow he got a cut on his side and again I treated him with those and it healed up. Not sure if those will help but it might be worth a try...

Back
Top Bottom