Pearlscale Butterfly FUNK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peoplepc3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So my Pearlscale Butterfly is a busy busy fish. He swims all over and is about the most active fish in my 155 gallon tank. I have had him (it) for about 4 weeks now and I am noticing a small area on his left side that looks like it has been rubbed raw. Hes not bleeding and its not really a horrible sight . It just looks like the scales in that area have been rubbed by something rough and the area appears slightly swollen. There is also a small area close to his tail that is the same way. It's left side is perfect.

Like I said, he swims in and out of the 140lbs of lace rock, playing with my Chromis (they are best friends and go EVERYWHERE together). I was thinking it was just from rubbing against the rocks. Sound possible?

He eats fine....plays....swims all over.....and doesn't at all act sick. I only have 4 small fish (Clown, BG Chromis, tiny black white damsel and the butterfly...he is the largest) and no invert's....yet. I have never seen them fight or compete for space. They all seem to get along well.

My water is changed religiously. I never let any ammonia build and I never let the Nitrates get above 5ppm. (with only 4 fish, this is pretty easy).

All other fish are really healthy and show no similar symptoms and are always quarantined before they get to enjoy their big house.

I have watched him for hours and have never seen him flashing. Im so confused.....

I would love to take a pic to post but he will not sit still....he's too busy!

Ideas?? Something to worry about??

Back
Top Bottom