Peppermint shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom-tom

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi my One of my peppermint shrimps seems to have shed it's shell, my LFS said that this is common when they enter a new aquarium

Anyone shed some light or are they talkin rubish??

Mine did shortly after ... my fire shrimp has 3 times in the last month they have to molt in order to grow.. I've never heard of them doing it as just doing it because its a new tank.

Yeh the guy told me it would look like they have been eaten, I was upset to begin with coz I thought he was dead, but there isn't any flesh, just the back shell and looks like the legs,

I will actually cry if it is dead she was £30!! I checked all water parameters an there all spot on, and I feed them half a cube of mysis shrimp/ brine shrimp in the morning and evening

Mine both shed within days of entering my tank, and then again a few days later. They haven't done it a third time yet, but that was only about a week and a half ago. My coral banded shrimp molted last night after being in my tank four or five days. Totally normal. Nothing to worry about.

Yes mine have molted twice in two months they only seem to come out at night.

Back
Top Bottom