Peppermint shrimp missing, assumed dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
My two peppermint shrimp are missing, i haven't been able to find them or any evidence of them for a few days now. I'm slowly starting to accept that they are probably gone. but I can't believe that they were scavanged that quickly.

My 30 g has 2 false percs
red spotted goby
firefish
and skunk shrimp

My peppermints were always shy, but became much shyer when I intro'd the larger skunk. However they lived together for probably 6 months or more.

Any ideas on what became of my peppermints???

mabey they just died , you never know how old they where when you got them and that 6 months or more could have just been there last, mabey ther just in hiding, as you said they where becoming shyer and shyer.

I had same problem I got some and saw them everyday at feeding time for about 6 months then suddenly they were gone. I didn't see them for about a month then I saw one poke it's head out one night when I had to move the rock. So keep the faith they are good at hiding and small enough to get away for protection if you have enough LR.

Clownfih, I have 5 in my 20 gal tank. They are shy by nature. There are many natural preditors out there for pepermints so they just develop this over the mellinia of evolution.

They could verywell still be alive. Look for them during feeding or at night after lights go out.

I'm hoping that they are just hiding. They have always been shy, but i enjoyed having them come out occassionally. I'll keep the faith!

Well its been quite a few days and still nothing. I think they're gone.

Back
Top Bottom