Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-24-2003, 03:42 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Percula has White spots??

I just got a tank raised true Percula from my LFS. I was just watching him and it appears he has many pin-head sized white spots all over his body and fins, they actually seemed a little raised.

Could anyone help me out with this one, I haven't even had him for 12 hours yet, and I didn't notice any white spots at the LFS when I purchased him, but they very well could have been there.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Old 09-24-2003, 12:09 PM   #2
steve-s

Most likely a parasite and could be ich. Best course of action would be to quarantine and treat with hyposalinity.

If there are any other fish in the tank, they will also need to be treated and the tank left fallow for 4 weeks. If you are noticing the spots after 12 hrs, the clown has been infected for a few days already and there is a small possibility it has released theronts into the water already.

I would also suggest QT for all new arrivals in future.

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-24-2003, 08:56 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

if you have a quarantine tank i'd treat with coppersafe . it is the best treatment for ick that we have found. good luck.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:35 PM   #4
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldy
if you have a quarantine tank i'd treat with coppersafe.
Even though tank raised, there is still the possibility of Brookynella Hostillis in which case copper will have no affect, hyposalinity will be effective against both.

Cheers
Steve

Tags
percula, white spots

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com