Picked up new coral more like rescue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tysob44

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I picked up like 19 pieces of coral today from a guy who has neglected his tank for like 3 months anyways I got an orange monti the plate looking things it's half bleached and some sps that don't look to hot a bunch of zoas but they look fine a candy cane coral and some other random stuff... Anyways my question is how to I help the monti and sps recover fully

Super clean, pristine water - the right intensity lighting - correct amount of flow - patients - about 2 months. (This is all based on sps needs - would have to show pictures to see how bad each individual is if you wanted more info)

Ok so another issue is this aipastia on this trumpet or something else

Attachments

• image-2360143981.jpg
    image-2360143981.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 98
I had a problem with aiptasia so I got a bristletail filefish, and any aiptasia I now see is gone within a couple of days, personally I think it's better than chemical answers to the problem, but they will eat Duncan's corals, I tried the peppermint shrimps but he doesn't seem to be interested in aiptasia,

I just took coral out of tank and used my new fragging tools to scrape and cut out where it was

Ok so another issue is this aipastia on this trumpet or something else

I just see feeder/sweeping tentacles on your trumpet. No aiptasia. If it is there you can inject lemon juice into it, other comercial products, concentrated kalk paste, or my favorite.....burn them off with a lighter or soldering iron.

Back
Top Bottom