Pin Point Leather Toadstool not opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muse12

Aquarium Advice Regular
3 days ago I bought a pin point leather toadstool from a very good lfs. I brought it home, put it into my tank, and the next day it was open, aka the little pins were sticking out. It opened the day after that also, but then that night, I added aragamilk for my clam. Today it hasnt even started to open up, and the lights have been on for about 5 hours. I have no idea if this is because of the aragamilk, if its just adjusting, or if it was my arrowcrab who I saw sitting on top of it with two legs straight out, not moving, in like a crab-like yoga position. It is not ripped up at all, but isnt opening. The sg is 1.023, temp is about 80, nitrates 18, ammonia 0. If anyone knows something about toadstools, any help would be greatly appreciated. It is my first toadstool, so I'm not really sure what to expect.

Thanks for any help

I wouldn't worry about it.. they can take a long time to fully adjust to the new environment. At the moment any little thing would probably make it close up.

I bet that crab is making it close. All my corals close up when my hermits get close to it... They come back out aftey they leave...

My LFS has one and somedays I see it open, some days it is closed. I dont think you need to worry. Your clam looks nice though!

thanks!
I called up my lfs and they said that it could be shedding its skin due to a change in water quality. Its got lots of little white flaky stuff on it that falls off with the current. I hope its just shedding and not dying!
it looks pretty good though

Yep, sounds like it's shedding.. make sure there's adequate waterflow to remove the dead tissue.

its in the flow.
Thanks now I am aware of what is happening, and not thinking that it is dying!

you guys helped alot :!:

Back
Top Bottom