Pink Monti_cap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJFly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My pink monti cap is not looking well. What can I do? I initially had it under 250W MH toward the top of the tank. It was under 400W MH at the store it was purchased from. This tank is very mature. Calc reactor, superb water quality. I've had a Ritteri growing (yes getting BIG) for 5 months now. I don't know if my cap is sick, needs to be moved... can he be saved? Will this run a course or will it eventually overtake the cap and kill it?

Note: red slime type funk and bubbles too. Water flow comes across the back toward you as you view. The white tip on the back was probably from too strong a water flow at one point. Pump was moved higher.

Are you sure the Ritteri hasn't been stinging it?

100% sure. They aren't even on the same side of the 90gal tank. Unless the Ritteri is moving the length of the tank a night and getting back to the exact location by morning... not even likely though. I've never seen a sting leave a red slime on a coral either.

The bubbles and slime look like cyano to me. How is the flow around the monti?

I thought the flow was pretty good. But I've never kept this type of coral before. How much flow do they need? Can I get rid of cyano? How??

Back
Top Bottom