Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Pink tail trigger with ich

I have a Beloved pink tail trigger, who normally is a complete pig!! I have moved him and all the other residents out and into a QT tank where i am going the CopperSafe route! Iv only used the Coppersafe in moderation doing half of what it suggested to see how the other fish react. But im worried because the trigger eats like a horse normally i found out he had ich last night and he was eating in the show tank now that i have put him in the QT tank last night today i just fed them and they all ate at least a little bit, but he wont even go near anything! Im worried cause i dont know what to do. So i went ahead and dosed with VITA-CHEM to hopefully get some vitamins in his system and used a lil stress coat, but what else can i do or is this normal?

Old 09-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Probably a change of tanks caused him to stop eating. Keep close checks on your water test and PWC`s in the QT and he should be OK. Read these and I`m adding a link on hypo treatment which is what I prefer.

An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: A Quarantine Tank for Everything by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part I by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part II by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

ATJ's Marine Aquarium Site - Reference - Hyposalinity Treatment

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

thanks alot Im going to read them now. I will test my parameters and copper level careful. I just figured like man hes a trigger they are pigs. But once he gets settled in he will prolly be eating again.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

On top of having ich, medications will also diminish appetite. Garlic can be used as an appetite stimulant (soak food into). You might want to think about medicating for internal parasites once the appetite increases again.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Innovator is that because the ich is actually on the inside of them as well? Will that vita chem help or are u not familiar with it, i know its got like vitaminn c vitamin b12 and all sorts of others.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:12 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

the water looks a lil cloudy as well could that be from the copper??\
Old 09-20-2008, 05:22 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Usually when any animal, including humans, come down with some kind of sickness their appetites diminish. The body wants to fight off whatever is ailing instead of making food a primary concern. I am familiar with vita-chem and I believe it to be a good product as long as you soak the food in it (something that will act like a sponge and retain the liquid). How big is your qt, how many fish are in it, and how big are they? Usually cloudy water is either from overfeeding, from a supplement (selco for example), or your biological filtration is awry. All three are possibilities at this point until questions are answered In case you are wondering, I mention medicating for internal parasites because in the wild puffers, triggers, and other predators will scavenge for meals alive or not.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

Innovator well thanks for your help, there are 4 fish in a 20 gallon long qt i know not that big but thats all i got right now. im doing a pwc after work. the pink tail is prolly 4-5 inches though. Hes kinda big. i gotta go ill get ahold of you later on.

Tags
ich, pink, tail, trigger

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com