Pink Tip Elegance - Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pjcarner

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there~

New to this forum but hopeful someone can assist with a Pink Tip Elegance that is struggling. We purchased it over a month ago and after acclimation did well for about 2 weeks. It was beautiful!!

Now, it's all closed up and has been that way for over 2 weeks. All water tests are perfect! How can we coax this back to life? We have many other corals that are doing just fine.

Any advice appreciated!

Update: I'm embarassed to say that it's not "closed up" as we suspected, but appears to have lost all of it's beautiful pink tips. I had assumed they were inside...but they're gone!

Will they grow back?

Attachments

• pink_tip_elegance_001_504.jpg
    pink_tip_elegance_001_504.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 60
Thank you - the attachment was helpful. Could be that we have it placed too closely to an anenome? It's on the sandy bed and therefore lower to the lighting and water-flow. We have a compact quad light with two blue bulbs and two white. I don't have the strength at my finger tips but could review if needed..the bulbs are only 5 months old.

I would move it to a good flow area, stronger light, give it plenty of space

Upon further review - I'm embarrassed to say, my husband actually pointed out, that it's not closed up..but actually rather relaxed with no pink tips! If this is the case, will they grow back? Could be a Potter Angel picking on it..but we haven't seen that happen. Either way he's going back for a trade-in this week.

Back
Top Bottom