pipefish and ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oyf709

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i just figure out my main tank got some ich problem so i am planning take them all out to QT and treat them, the problem now is that in my refugium , i have 3 pipe fish, I am just wondering do i also need to take them out as well.Cuz if i really need to, i have to make a seperate QT tank. Thanks for the time

You will need to take them out. They are quite sensitive fish so treat them as you would seahorses. Be sure you treat with hyposalinity, not copper.

Cheers
Steve

um..take them out to a QT means byebye for food =/ let them stay in and treat it with kick ich, not sure how good it is.
Since u are from vancouver u must know JL, they told me the only product caan treat ich in a reef system is kick ich but when i check WWM, it said No Medication can do it, donno wat to do now. =/

Kick ick = bye bye for the fish usually. It is a very hit and miss treatment that rarely works. There is no such thing as an effective reef safe treatment. Anything safe for corals and inverts is usually safe for the parasite as well... :wink:

What foods are you currently feeding the pipes?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom