Plate coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jspires688

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a plate coral today for 10 bucks but it has pretty much no color what can I do to make it better

What kind of plate coral? Plating montipora? Fungia? Cycloseris?

Give it proper lighting, water, food, and time.

It will be happy on the sand with medium to moderate flow. It will eat small to medium meaty foods and even pellets (mine would). Just make sure nothing lands on it

My pistol goby pair are bad at putting sand on everything if I make sure to clean it off everyday will it be ok or will the sand kill it

Good to know all the picsi see are very bright colored and the one I bought is so pale I can't really tell if it was originally pink or orange what can I do to help the color come back

I was following the thread a few days back, how is the plate coral now? I have two and both are brilliant! Has more colour come out in yours?

It looks a little better it eats and puffs up so I guess it will be ok still not much color

Sounds like it's settling in nicely! Just keep an eye and make sure it regularly inflates and colour stays similar and I'm sure it'l be just fine! Any pics?

Attachments

• image-929041713.jpg
    image-929041713.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 73
  • image-3311441696.jpg
    image-3311441696.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 81
Those are of my two a week or so after putting them in, they have both spread a little more since!

Yeah lps, I picked them up a few months back and really like them! They look loads better now!

Back
Top Bottom