Plate coral was stung

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smithcinema

Aquarium Advice Activist
Come home from work and some thing moved my orange plate coral against my brain coral and now it is white with mucus around it !!! Will it die or will it recover it's my favorite coral it glows bright neon orange

Attachments

• image-3853718755.jpg
    image-3853718755.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 184
  • image-1034605429.jpg
    image-1034605429.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 147
Mine had a similar encounter with a saddle carpet anemone, initially looked a little worse than iyours but only got progressively worse and died. If it doesn't worsten pretty quickly I think yours has a chance. Good luck.

Thanks it is my favorite hard to replace still have never seen one since I found this one

My neon orange plate coral is in recovery right now. Apparently the fish in the tank covered the coral with sand for a day and a bunch of it's flesh has receded and it just looks bad overall. I'm hoping now that I removed it from the sand it will have a chance.

Good luck with yours!!

Plate coral is now a paper weight !!! Hope I can find a new one !! Ordering some coral glue and gluing every thing down !!!! Tired of coming home and finding corals knocked off the rocks

Back
Top Bottom