Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

math

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys sorry for my english. Iam from quebec and i post this on some forum over here but no one been able to help me.

so here my story i been to my fish store and i found a really beautiful powder blue tang.they had it for about 4 or 5 days so just to make sure he was in good shape i ask them to reserve it to me for 2 week . after the first week i cme back to the store to take a look a him every thing was looking fine bright color eat well not sign of something. a week later i go back to take the fish and i take a quik look a him he was eating but i didnt really take a close look at him
when i got it home when i put him in my tanks i suspect something on is lip.

look like is lip was scratch or infected (look like is lip is going away) i was really piss about myself to didnt take a closer look.
i called my fish supplier i told me to bring it back but i know what gonna happen is not gonna treat him and he will die for sure

so i strat a qt tank but the only medicine a have right now is MUNSTER UNIMARIN but is expired for about a years

so i start the treatment iam on the fourth day now and i dont see any good sign i seen like the same as beggening or maybe is mor bad

here the picture the second day i receive it and befor i start to treat it

i willl really appreciate if you can help me
i went him to survive so badly

and just to let you know

water temp 79
ph around 8.1 8 .2
and the fish eat

and i can not make any more test because the medecine is green and affect all test

Attachments

• IMG_0986.JPG
    IMG_0986.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Welcome to AA!

I think you did the right thing in setting up a quarantine tank. I do not see the scratch that you mention in the picture. Can you try to take a few more?

It might be an injury of some sort. I don't know much about this type of issue, so I'll leave it for someone else to comment on at this point.

you dont see is red pinky lip ?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 89
It looks like an injury of some sort, but in a healthy fish I would think that would heal up on it's own. I don't think medication treatment would really be needed, just time, observation, and some more frequent water changes. Medication should only be used when it is definitely needed and there are no other options. At least, that's my opinion. Some fish are more sensitive than others to the negative effects of medications, and I believe that Tangs / Surgeonfish fall into this category, so you have to be careful. You could do more harm than good.

If the fish is still eating, that is a good sign. I would just wait it out and see what happens.

However, since you have already started medication, I do not know what to do. Since it is expired medication, it may not be doing anything. I'm not familiar with the brand of medication, so it's difficult to say what the proper method of removal is, but water changes will definitely do the trick. Activated carbon could also work, but may not depending on the type of medication.

thanks floyd but usualy when is a injury its supose to ecover in about a day or 2 or see some progression but in is case after 3 days in my tank never saw some changes so i was 90 % sure it was a baterial infection so why i start medic

bienvenu, Math. You can try some antibacterial medicine in the QT tank as well as feeding some algae strips. The flake food is OK, but the mixed algae strips are like poutine for tangs.

FFélicitations pour avoir achetez un beau tang. Les colours sont impressiones.

Back
Top Bottom