I will start with the problem and list the data below.
I have a 30 gall. aquarium and have healthy fish but cannot keep corals (soft) more than a day before they flop over, or a cleaning crew more than a day or 2 before they die. That includes snails, emerald crabs and even hermit crabs which might live several days. i have tried twice with the invertebrate and twice with a cleaner shrimp. Dies within one day both times. Sounds like there is a major problem here but I don't know what it is as levels seem good. Here are the specifics.
1. Tank is saltwater 4 months old now. Tall tank at 27" tall by 28" wide.
2. Lighting is T5 HO
only 3 months old.
3. Nitrate: 2.5 max.
4. Calcium: 20 mg
5. Phosphate: .12 mg
6. Alkalinity: 140 ppm
7. pH: 8.2
8. Salinity: 1.025
9. Temperature: 77 Fahrenheit
10. Liquid or strip test kits: test kits.
11. Location in tank: coral upper level
12. Current amount of flow: don't know.
13. Current tank dosing regimen: some cycle and some bio support
14. Nearby coral: none
15. Explanation of problem: see above.
I have 2 powerheads 450 each.