Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Exclamation please help..i need help with ich treatment!!!!!!!!!!

iv read a bunch of things about ich but have not found the info i need.. i have a 28 gal with.1 lawnmower blenny,1 grean manderan,1 coral beauty,2 clowns,1 sandsifting star,15 hermits,1 turbo,live sand,live rock,and 3 anemones.... im going to setup a med tank tomarow for the fish but what about the crabs,star,turbo,and anemones???? this stuff still confuses me bad!!!! what would you do as a veteran reef keeper??? what should i do .. hypo?? or a treatment of some kind?? the coral beauty is doing the rub against the rocks thing,and has white blots on his left eye and head.??.ich??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02028.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	25690  

Old 10-18-2010, 01:28 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

and to setup my med tank,can i use one of the sponges from my fluval 305 canister filter,, or some of the media??

and the only fish that has the white stuff and doing the rub against the rocks thing is the coral beauty,should i only qt him??

also if i have to qt all the fish, what about the dt?? will the ich go away with the anemones,turbo,crabs,and star in it?? and is it on the live rock/sand??

Old 10-18-2010, 02:03 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

All you have to do is move all the fish to the QT. Crabs, snails and other inverts don't get ich. Keep your DT without any fish for 8 weeks and the ich that is in the DT will die out by itself for aa lack of a host(fish). How old is your tank? 3 anemones is allot for a 28g. and they don't do well in a new setup. what type of lights do you have?
Old 10-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

ok so i found out that it is not ich... but it is an infection in the coral beauty,, im told angle fish get this offten,,or are more prone to catching things. lfs saye its pop eye,so im going to just treat the coral beauty.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:10 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Popeye and ich are two very different things that look very different. Ich looks like little specks of salt on the fish. Popeye can be from many reasons, but primarily a bacterial infection that causes the eye to bulge. It could be a secondary infection along with ich. But the two should be fairly distinguishable from each other.

Tags
eat, ich, treatment

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com