Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-03-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Please help! I think my clowns from etropicals.com are dead!

etropicals.com is supposed to be owned by the same 2 doctors as liveaquara.com (which I have heard wonderful things about). Anyway, on Sunday I ordered 2 false percula clowns. On Tuesday when the fish came they sent me 2 Royal Grammas instead. So I called them up and they sent my clowns out yesterday. I recieved them today & I am completely through their recommended acclimation process and the fish are not moving at all. They must be dead! I am so fed up with this company! Has anyone ever dealt with this company before?!

Old 03-03-2005, 01:19 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

are they laying on the substrate? What did they look like when you got them? Check to see if they guarantee live fish for a certain amount of time.

Old 03-03-2005, 01:22 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Are they breathing? Some fish will be in shock after shipment and not move at all. When I got my shipment from saltwaterfish.com, they said not to be surprised if the fish goes straight to the botom and sits there.

That was exactly what happened. The next day he was moving a little and today he is very active. If you just acclimated them, just be patient. You can tell if they are breathing.

Good luck.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:24 PM   #4

I haven't dropped them into the tank yet...they are still in the shipping bags. I let them sit in the bags for 15 minutes, then I opened the bags & put 1/2 c. of my tank water in every 4 minutes for 45 minutes. I am afraid to put them in my tank if they are not swimming...I don't want my crabs to eat them. (They've already eaten a different fish before). I do not see them breathing at all. etropicals does offer a 14 day guarantee (which is why I ordered from them) but I am really getting irritated with this company.

Do you think it would be ok to drop them in the tank if they aren't moving? I'd hate to see my crabs get these guys too. (I don't have a QT tank set up)
Old 03-03-2005, 01:30 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Tito2491 Send a message via MSN to Tito2491
If i were u i'dget one of those breeder holders , u can put them in the tank cause they have holes in them , they should be okay there
Old 03-03-2005, 01:44 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Are their gills moving?

I have dealt with this company before and they have always been good. They will also stand behind their product and their guarantee. They have a 14 or 17 day guarantee. One shipment I had a dead staf and they credited my account right then.

We need to find out if they are dead or not. Are they showing any movement. Are they floating, on their side, in the corner, ect....??
Old 03-03-2005, 01:47 PM   #7

Their gills are open but they are not moving & their mouths are hanging open. The one fish is laying on it's side and the other is upside down in the corner. They have not moved at all since I got them.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:51 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I deleted your duplicate thread and merged the two. I also moved to the sick fish forum...
Old 03-03-2005, 01:52 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

It doesnt sound good. Try and touch them through the bag and see if they will move.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:55 PM   #10

Nope, they just float around when I move them. I assume they are dead? I am so irritated with this company! Yeah, they said they'll refund me but it's still very irritating to have to go through this. Especially when I have a 4 yr old who was so excited for Nemo to come and now he's dead.

Tags
clown, clowns, dead

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com