Please Help ID this:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inevitable_101

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a lemon peel that I have had for 2 weeks and he seems to have been getting this white cloudy looking thing in his eyes.I hope this is not the dreaded itch that fish can get.Please help me ID this issue if it is something bad.

1st day I got it:
20065-albums355-picture2577.jpg

NOW 02/04/09

20065-albums355-picture2576.jpg

02/04/09 2ND PIC

20065-albums355-picture2575.jpg

Sorry that all the pics I have.I have to check my water parimeters.I was on my way to work when I noticed this.

Could be a scratch on the lens or could be bacterial. Would need a clearer pic, but let us know if the condition gets worse.

Its on both of his eyes? Is it in the same location on both eyes in other words is it identical on both eyes?

Cloudy eyes is usually a bacterial thing. I would do some frequent PWC`s and do some water tests and post the results.

I have tested the water parameters and they seem fine.

Ammonia .0
Nitrite .0
Nitrate .0
Ph 8.4

I also did a PWC after I tested the water and found 2 hitchhiker startfish.One the size of a dime and the othere one is smaller.(The small one seems to be missing 2 legs but it's still
Moving around the glass.)

They are asternia stars? It`s good that you did a PWC. Just because the main three are OK there is still 86 other salts that you didnt check for. Some of those minute as they are are very important for fish, inverts and coral processes. Alot of folks say if my ammonia, nitrites and nitrates are OK then I dont need PWC`s. They are sorely wrong and usual suffer a crash. I`m not talking about you I just want everyone to see the importance of PWC`s.

I am not sure what kind of stars they are.They are small and light sandy brown.The lemon peel eyes are getting clear again.I'm not sure if it was just something dirty it had in it's eye but it doesn't look the same anymore.Hopefully the PWC helped.

Back
Top Bottom