Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2006, 11:26 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to h8z2luze Send a message via MSN to h8z2luze Send a message via Yahoo to h8z2luze
It has 7 pounds of LR in it right now I am cureing the other 25 pounds I have. I have 40 pounds of Live bio-active agronite (sp) It has a 350 biowheel, 300watt all glass aquarium heater, and a maxi-jet 1200 powerhead. For lighting I have a T5 series coralife 56watt light it has the light and blue bulbs. I fed him last night so I wont feed him tonight. The levels on the 50G are Nitrite is at 0.3, the ammonia is at between 0 and 0.25 I only have a dip test for nitrates but it says its in the ok range. And the ph is at 7.7-8.0 Its a big jump I belive its somewhere in there (I know thats to low). I fed him something that he REALLY liked yesterday.... Oysters! I dont know if its ok to feed him this. They were in the shell at the local grocers. He gobbled them up!

Old 02-11-2006, 04:41 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to h8z2luze Send a message via MSN to h8z2luze Send a message via Yahoo to h8z2luze
Ok well I sold the puffer to the LFS today i only go 12.00 but oh well better than nothing I got some fake extra lg plants, and a 3 pack of filters. I also found a better LFS I am in heaven in it! They all know what they are talking about too and actually seem to want to help. Its great. They are also way cheaper. Well anyway I have my 25 pounds of LR cureing and then I will cycle my 50 gallon. I think we are going to get some lights to do mushrooms and such later on too. Eventually a reef tank but thats WAY down the road. Thanks for all your guys's help and I will be on here all the time still asking questions... haha.

Old 02-11-2006, 05:35 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to jaiden
ok just take it slow from now on. no offense, but you seem to be pretty impulsive. remember nothing good happens quickly in a salt water tank.

good luck with your 2nd try

Red tiger lilly, Rotala Indica, Sagittaria Subulata, Micro Sword, Cardinal Plant
Fluorite Black sand and gravel
jaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

I dont know what you mean by impulsive but ya I took things way to fast and it was only cause I was informed with false information. Thanks for your support though.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yeah, i found out the hard way once, the only thing that happens quickly in a salt water tank is CRASH.. they happen like that *snap*
Old 02-11-2006, 08:10 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry about your luck.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com