Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-07-2004, 03:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to ericosuave
Please help my poor true perc..

Hello, i got a true percula about 4 days ago and put him in my tank. He seems to be doing fine except for little pieces of white ich i believe around his eyeball area and a little below his upper fin.. its very little but i dont want him to die

my tank 40 gal. has been up and running for about 5 months now and it was fishless for about 1 month. There is nothing in it besides rock and the percula. I have never had a problem with ich before that.

what can i do to help this little bugger out?

btw i do not have a quarrantine tank. I was thinking about driving in town this weekend and picking me out a couple of cleaner shrimp to help rid the ich.

is there anything else i should pick up while I am in town? such as copper sulfate?

TIA!!

Old 07-07-2004, 08:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

If it's live rock then you MUST QT, or loose all you stuff on the lr.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 08:24 PM   #3
steve-s

Re: Please help my poor true perc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericosuave
is there anything else i should pick up while I am in town? such as copper sulfate?
A seperate quarantine tank.

The cleaner shrimp idea will be hit and miss at best and should not be look on as an effective cure for any parasite problem. If treating with any type of copper, it will kill everything else in the tank except the fish. Your best option is to QT the fish and treat with either hyposalinity, chelated copper or Cupramine. Be sure what you are treating is indeed C. irritans. Depending on if the clown is WC, there is also the possibility of Brooklynella hostilis.

Cheers
Steve

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com