Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-16-2003, 07:06 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
please help my tang

My tang appears ok, except someof its color is a little dull and there are these little brown dots or little stinger looking things on part of its body. it is still swimming and eating fine, could someone tell me what this is and how to get rid of it.

thanks for your help.

graz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 04:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
I just read this on liveaquaria.com:

In the tank, it needs a varied diet high in beta-carotene and vitamin C, and low in protein matter. To maintain its bright coloration, however, it must keep to a strict herbivore diet to prevent fading. Therefore, the diet of the Yellow Hawaiian Tang should consist of dried and frozen herbivore food that contains marine algae, and vegetarian items such as Spirulina, zucchini, broccoli, leaf lettuce, and dried seaweed.

What are you feeding your yellow tang currently?

BTW, I'm not sure about the little dots, I'm sure somebody on here will know more about that

jamal-188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 10:42 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
well i had some little brown dots on my tang a little while ago and wen i did a watter change they slowly went away. old water puts stress on fish and when a fish has something wrong with it that is the last thing they need. Maybe that'll help ur perimiters can be fine when u have old water but a extra water change was all my tang needed.

Mr. Marine
mrmarine is offline   Reply With Quote

tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com