Please Help /w Bacterial Infection!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
My clowns have a bacterial infection that is causeing Rapid breathing and arnt eatting. This has been going on a few days now and so i want to medcate them.

I have been told to use maracyn 2 for saltwater but I cant find it at any of my LFS's what other medications are good for this that I can get today?

Can bacterial infections spread?

I have to move them to another tank, The tank has been up and running for quite some time so its at least cycled and stable but I am still worried about the move stressing them.

Looking for some advice on the best way to go about this.

The tank is a 40g Breader

How long have you had these clowns? What made this bacterial infection take hold? are you sure it's not some parameter off or perhaps some fish stressing them?

Yes I am sure its not parameters, I have checked checked and triple checked my paramters. I have had them 2 weeks and the last few days they have been breathing extreamly hard and have all the syptomes of bacterial infections. They wont eat, they breath hard, No one is bothing them at all, The tank is a year old and I have tested every parameter.

No signs on the fish except heavy breathing, and they won't eat. I don't know, but it sounds like they are doomed where they are now. I would risk moving them.

No signs on the fish except heavy breathing, and they won't eat. I don't know, but it sounds like they are doomed where they are now. I would risk moving them.

Yeah I want to move them and Put them In QT, I just dont know what to treat them with. None of the other fish in the tank are showing signs of rapid breathing or lack of appitite.

I don't know either. I have never seen a single bacterial infection in a fish. All the fish I have imported and sold, directly from the ocean and every one came in fine. Never velvet or anything like that. Ich of course, but that usually went away on it's own once the fish relaxed a bit and got used to the tanks.

Well Thereeftank people are thinking its a internal or gill infection and not a fungus or external infection.

Back
Top Bottom