Please identify what is causing this w/ my frogspawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brian0515

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The center of a couple heads are puffed out...

Thank You

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 108
First off, does the coral open during the day normally? I suspect it's just pooping, my torch does that every now and then. One or two heads close and the mouths expand then a few hours later its back to normal. If you watch close while this is happening you can actually see a brown ooze being ejected.

First off, does the coral open during the day normally? I suspect it's just pooping, my torch does that every now and then. One or two heads close and the mouths expand then a few hours later its back to normal. If you watch close while this is happening you can actually see a brown ooze being ejected.

Not really, it has been like that now for 4-5 days.
Recently changed my t5 bulbs and not only added an additional blue white but was told the 3 1/2 hours of running the blue/white with the actinics wasn't enough I bumped it up to 6 hours.

I'm wondering if that stressed it out.
I'm going to back off on the light.

If its used to getting bright light for three hours you will need to acclimate it to more. Cut it back to the original timeframe then once the coral is back to normal start ramping it back up. I would add an hour every week till you get up to an 8 hour lighting period. If the coral reacts poorly to an increase bump it down and give it another week before you add the hour back.

If its used to getting bright light for three hours you will need to acclimate it to more. Cut it back to the original timeframe then once the coral is back to normal start ramping it back up. I would add an hour every week till you get up to an 8 hour lighting period. If the coral reacts poorly to an increase bump it down and give it another week before you add the hour back.

What about the strength of the light.
In a 6 bulb t5 I went from
4 actinics, a pink and a blue/white

To

3 actinics, a Fiji purple and 2 blue/whites

Should I replace one of the blue/white with an actinic for a while being the Fiji has usable light.

Back
Top Bottom