Originally Posted by melosu58
Let`s see some water test results to start with. What kind of Flow? I`m wondering about your lighting. It is about 2 WPG
. As I asked please post your water test results
I realise the lighting is on the weak side - I actually bought the mushroom, there just happened to be a few of those polyps on the same rock.
The mushrooms are doing great and the toadstool leather is doing awesome as well (the tentacles are getting longer, and increasing in number!). I tested my nitrates the other day and they are under 10ppm. Nitrites were 0. I didn't bother testing ammonia and pH on a test strip is maxed so I don't think that's a problem.
I guess it must be because of lighting - I just heard that having mushrooms near the top will result in them turning really brown instead of green. My new light will be here by next Wednesday I'm certain.