polyps look burnt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dgpilot

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, not sure whats up but these guys don't look as good as they did in the store.
My water params are perfect and I have 156w T5 lighting in a 30g tank. All the other corals seem fine.

They open and close normally, it's just their inside color that looks rusted.

:confused:

Attachments

• SAM_0011.jpg
    SAM_0011.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 61
Hey guys, not sure whats up but these guys don't look as good as they did in the store.
My water params are perfect and I have 156w T5 lighting in a 30g tank. All the other corals seem fine.

They open and close normally, it's just their inside color that looks rusted.

:confused:

What kind of light were they under in the store? How close are they to your t5s? If they were under less intense light at the store and you didnt acclimate them to your light, then they will lose color in an attempt to block the extra light. Sunburn.
Matt

They look fine to me. If your lights and placement aren't the exact same as where you bought them, they are bound to took a little different.

Thanks, I figured they're ok.. just not as pretty as in the store.

The store itself has several Metal hallides hanging over their coral farm.

I also kept the lighting time in my tank down to 5-6 hours for month to combat algae, but now it's back up to 8 hours.

I agree that they look OK to me. probably look different because of the lighting that your LFS had.

Back
Top Bottom