Poor puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefScrub

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My saddled Toby has had this protruding side of his belly for a few weeks now. I thought it would subside but it has not. He acts ok, went through a lethargic stage for about two days a week ago so I thought we would die. I can't get him out of this tank, it's a 90 gallon corner and he's too smart (I tried a ton) it's only the right side, I added two photos. The store I purchased him from has a good reputation but they couldn't help. I've fed him frozen peas the last two days and he loves them (I don't have to direct feed him as the other fish have no interest in the pea) Any suggestions??? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432075111.782383.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432075130.446889.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well the bulge has gone down but now he has a hole there and you can see the inside of his belly through it. So he's doomed.

puffers like to sleep in the sand so catch him at night ,
this may sound odd but it will work crazy glue the flesh together and QT him till he is healed completely ,

I ended up euthanizing him. The hole was pretty big. It's almost like his belly "popped" and this huge hole remained. He was my wife's favorite fish. He's in fish heaven now.

I ended up euthanizing him. The hole was pretty big. It's almost like his belly "popped" and this huge hole remained. He was my wife's favorite fish. He's in fish heaven now.

So sorry to hear that he was a beautiful puffer. Maybe try another and do an extra long quarantine to make sure??

Caleb

That's too bad.

Uhmmmm, do you know what popped out and where it is now? :ermm:
I would hate to think that some parasite larvae just got released into the tank.
what did your lfs have to say about it?

God that sounds horrible. Guess I have to wait and see. I don't believe in flushing fish in the toilet so he got a Viking funeral outside in our pit.

Back
Top Bottom