Porcelain crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He looks like he's got cyno! Sometimes if the algae in my tank build up it moves into snails, I usually try and get on top algae outbreaks as soon as possible...

What is the red from?

I got the same on my snails and hermit crabs shell,but I never worried about it...

My snails and hermits shells are covered in red algae. But there are literally porcelain crabs that come in white/red carapace. I'd get a shot at mine if it was near view, but him and my anemone live in the back of the tank.

I don't have crab,they look nice, are they any dangerous for reef tank?

Extremely reef friendly. Will clean stuff up, but mainly filter feeders. There is also an anemone porcelain crab, what I have in my tank, that lives in an anemone eating the slime off of it, supposedly, and filter feeding. Cool symbiotic relationship.

My snails and hermits shells are covered in red algae. But there are literally porcelain crabs that come in white/red carapace. I'd get a shot at mine if it was near view, but him and my anemone live in the back of the tank.

That crab you got is rally nice,
Even your nem.
How many anemone you have in the tank?

I have 2 bubble tip

But one of them last 2 monts open just a little, and open more when the light go off

Update to the stat of this thread...

Porcelain crab has moulted and is now back to normal (white with small brown spots)

Back
Top Bottom