Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular
i was using eurithromiacin. I just did a very very hard thing. I had to do a mercy killing on the porcupine puffer his head was all swelled up, he was blind and was not eating he wouldny even swim away from the net. I am so sad I hated to do it but he really seemed to be suffering. I took him out back and buried him. This hobby is starting to tax my emotions I get attached to these little guys. I just hope the last three deaths are not my fault. I think I will wait awhile for another fish.

boxfishlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
I feel for you as we are all animal lovers and hate to see a death. Animals die in our care and as long as we learn and try not to do it again it's okay. Remember that a fish, almost any fish will eat another fish that is smaller then it and can fit it in it's mouth. Stress is the #1 killer of AQ fish and you must be leary of adding any fish with a lion fish in your tank. Raise your SG and do a few more PWC's and you should be okay. Don't beat yourself up on this event because as you gain experience with Saltwater tanks you will surely be more careful and not make little mistakes that end up n death. Nature is the survival of the fitest and we all make mistakes.

Happy Reefing,
thincat is offline   Reply With Quote

porcupine, puffer, strange

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com