Porky Puffer Treating ICH with COPPER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rx330

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a little advice. My juvi porky puffer came down with ICH. We currently have him in a 10g QT tank with good water (0 Ammonia, 0 nitrates, and 0 Nitrites). We have been treating with Mardel Coppersafe and also have the API Copper test kit. No where on either the medication or the test kit does it say what the effective concetration is. My husband just tested the copper and the levels are at .25, and we all know this is too low.

Can anyone tell me the proper concetration to keep the copper at? I don't want to keep the fish suffering, and while he seems in good spirits and is eating, I would like to properly dose the condition.

Thanks for any help!

Paula

CopperSafe, when used as directed, maintains a total copper level of 1.5 ppm to 2.0 ppm in the water. CopperSafe remains active for over one month in the aquarium. Levels of 0.3 ppm free copper are recommended in the literature for therapeutic use, but with Coppersafe, the levels of free copper will be measured at 1.5 ppm to 2.0 ppm. This level of copper can be used in the treatment of fish due to Coppersafe's unique chelating agent.

Thank you very much, I thought when I read, I didn't see the concentration levels. I will cetainly be adding more now and bringing up the concentration levels. Thank ou so much for your help.

Paula

Back
Top Bottom