possible anenome problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sqrle

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just puchased an anenome from the pet store the other day. I totaly forget what it is called. they called it a "long tentacle anenome". The problem is, when the light are out the base is extened (see photo), but as soon as the lights come on the base shrinks up and it goes flat. I am wondering if this is just something simple that it doesn't like lighting too much or what. I have another peice of rock blocking most of the light from it right now. should I move it a bit further down? the next further down place, logicaly, would be on the sand bed. What to do.

Attachments

• IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 53
The anemone likes to protect it's "foot" from the lighting. I would just leave it alone. It will walk around the tank until it finds a suitable place to attach it's foot to. Sometimes it finds a gap in a rock, or something similar. If it walks for longer than a week or so, you may have some water parameters/lighting issues that don't favor it well. The anemone itself likes good light, though.

I wouldn't do anything. Just let it find it's own spot....it will anyway regardless of what you do, really.

Back
Top Bottom