Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-12-2011, 01:35 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Possible brooklynella

I recently got two clowns, the bigger one didn't eat right away and i soon realized something was wrong with his gill. It seemed to be clogged up with some white stuff and he wasn't breathing from it at all. I suspected brooklynella but he showed no other signs of it, plus these are CB clowns which reduces the chances that is is brooklynella. I have been treating him with quick cure which is a formalin and malachite green based medicine. He showed improvements right away. He is eating but very little and mostly only cyclopeeze. My question is how long should i continue treating the tank?? The signs of whatever he had are gone and im sure the treatment isn't too great for a fish. I will be keeping him in the treatment tank for a few weeks but would like to quit treating it soon. He has been in there for three days.

Thanks for any help!

Oh and here are some pictures of his clogged gill, i circled it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	illIMG_0029.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	34111
Click image for larger version

Name:	illIMG_3549.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	34112

0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got him eating flake food as well this morning. Turns out he just can't eat the larger pieces yet.
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brooklynella

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com