Possible Contamination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This Morning I topped off my 100gal Reef. I unfortunately used the wrong water jug. I used some water that I had syphoned out last week during water change, the bad part is, during that process I sucked out some cyano and detritis at the sametime. I dumped about 3 gallons of this water into my tank this morning. Did not dump the sand and most of the cyano that was on the bottom of the container. Should this have an adverse affect on my tank? I will do a 10 gal change tonight when I get home just in case. the container has been in the garage (cool) with no sunlight for a week.

Whew! When i read title of this post I thought some chemicals were introduced into your tank.

So you topped-off with salt water? Except raising the salinity. it shouldn't have much of a negative effect on your water quality.

It was SW, but it had the cyano and detritus from sand bed that was sucked up with it. Probably shouldn't doo too much, just paranoid. Only about 3 gal total SW added.

I would just do another water change and clean up what I could. I dont think you did anything too bad. Why in the world did you keep the old water??? I bet it stunk!

Why in the world did you keep the old water??? I bet it stunk
Not really. Water was kept cool and out of the light for the week. I won't do this in the future though. I have a 18 mon. old daughter, so it's real easy to get sidetracked. heck,
I can't count the times I've opened a beer, taken a big swig and look on the kitchen counter a couple hours later and my beer is still there. Good thing I drink good beer, so it being a little warm is no big deal. :wink:

BTW. No ill affects I have noticed.

I can't count the times I've opened a beer, taken a big swig and look on the kitchen counter a couple hours later and my beer is still there. Good thing I drink good beer, so it being a little warm is no big deal.
The only thing worse is at a party you set your beer down and don't realize someone put their cigarette out in it. :evil:
Sorry, back on subject now... :oops:

quarryshark said:
The only thing worse is at a party you set your beer down and don't realize someone put their cigarette out in it. :evil:

Gross! The worst is when someone spits dip in your drink and you dont know they did that... *gags* Then you turn around and take a swig... now that is worse!

Back
Top Bottom