Possible Ich problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshotty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i added a Coral Beauty Angelfish to my reef tank about a week ago everything was going good up until last night when i noticed the sand or salted look on him this was just after completing my PWC, all para's are in normal ammonia 0ppm nitrites 0ppm nitrates are around 10ppm. Im wondering how fast ich comes about because it seemed like only a matter of 3 hours between the morning and the PWC and everything was fine and all of the sudden covered with the little specs. I looked at him this morning before leaving for work and there were no signs of specs or issues so i left for work, i came back about 6 hours later and noticed he was covered in specs again but all the new specs were in different spots this time, no other fish in the tank has any signs of ich or any signs of stress. this is the first fish i have introduced in about 5 weeks since the last intro of a firefish. I keep up on my PWC and my testing, so im sorta in limbo as to what to do next i will try and get a few pictures of the fish tonight and post them.

I have much the same question, only with a pygmy cherub angel (centropyge argi). Introduced him to the tank only yesterday, but woke up today to find a dozen or so small white specks that look like it could be ich. He didn't have any yesterday.

He is, however, behaving normally, he's actively exploring the rockwork and picking at stuff, and he's still eating. He doesn't act the slightest bit sick, no rubbing on rocks or hiding in corners. He's very alert and active. Should I still be worried?

wow it seems as if are cases are quite the same because my angel is also acting normal picking at live rock and and exploring, i fed them a cube today and he eat wonderfully there seems to be nothing wrong with the fish other than the specs, he seems to be very well adjusted to his new home claiming a nice nook to hide in.

If its looking like the fish is sprinkled with salt grains then yes it is. You say the grains eventually disapear. That`s the parasite falling to the substrate and over 200 little one will come from each original parasite. Treatment needs to begin soon.

ok im going to begin my qt tank setup tomorrow i was thinking of a 10g with no substrate just some fully cured live rock, a hob, a heater, and some lights. What do u suggest be the best method of removal of the parasite and should my other fish, one firefish goby and two false percula clownfish be qt'ed all at the same time but that would be pushing it in a 10g really badly or should leave the other fish in my display 38 and hope for the best

I agree with Kurt as far as hypo. I would not put LR in there. I suggest some PVC pieces for the fish to hide in.

all is well so for coral beauty is in a qt with pvc hiding spots and he seems to be content with is location.

Back
Top Bottom